Friday, April 24, 2015

Vintage Dress Pattern - Gray Floral Dress

I have collected a few vintage sewing patterns. I came across this one, and wanted to attempt the dress for Ava. I traced the bodice pieces onto a thick file folder.
 
 
For the skirt, I used what was left of the fabric, and added small pleats evenly all the way around. I chose to line the bodice rather than try to hem around the curves of the neckline and armholes. It was pretty much just like making a Blythe dress, only this had darts in the back. Piece of cake. 
 

 
Sadly it came out much bigger than expected. I'll save it for a year or two. The back overlapped maybe a bit too much as well. Not bad overall for my first baby girl dress. I sense many more in my future!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment