Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Zebra Baby Booties

 
I have a digital subscription to Love Patchwork and Quilting. I absolutely love the magazine! It's made in England, by the same folks who publish Mollie Makes - another favorite! This is the first project I think I've made from the magazine.
 
It's in Issue 7, and in the magazine the front piece of the bootie is actually pieced together in a tiny log cabin pattern. I chose to use a solid piece of fabric, because who needs the aggrevation.. right!?

I used fabric left over from Ava's Zebra Quilt. Zebra print for the outside sole, and outer heel. The zebra head print for the front piece, and hot pink lining for the heel and front.
.
 
 I used faux fur for the inside sole. Speaking of sole, what a time I had figuring out how to sew the pieces together in the end between the two soles. I kept getting them switched around!!
 


Here they are modeled by my babes precious little chubby legs. She actually kept them on for about an hour, must be some kind of record!

No comments:

Post a Comment