Thursday, March 12, 2015

Quilt For Cash

The title of this post is a little deceiving. I have a nephew whose name is Cassius, and he likes to go by Cash. I've had this flannel fabric since he was still in the womb.. he's now 3 years old! Better late than never I guess. I don't know if I like working with flannel. It got so fuzzy after one washing!!
 
 
For the front of the quilt I had cut squares from each of the blue fabrics, then cut each of those in half, and pieced them together. It seemed like much work for little payoff, so I added the white panels to save myself and give it more interest.
 
For the quilting I outlined each of the half squares, and then did straight lines over the circle panels on top and bottom. I love straight line quilting, I just really enjoy the process, and find it very relaxing. The little one also seems to enjoy the wurrr of my machine.


For the back I pieced together 3 of the extra blue fabrics. I kept the top and bottom circles, thinking it would make a nice contrast with the straight quilting lines. For the binding I knew I wanted to cut my own. I chose the stripey patterns after seeing a few striped bindings online, and love the look.
 
Hopefully he'll love it! Maybe I should add a personal quilt tag?
 
 



1 comment:

  1. The fact that you just teach yourself these things and they turn out so good amazes me!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete