Friday, March 6, 2015

Matryoshka Chevron Baby Quilt

Seems like this quilt took forever.. The fabric is from a fat quarter bundle I bought at Hobby Lobby so long ago. Finally found the perfect use for it. The white is I believe bleached muslin, purchased from a remnants bin. When I first started sewing, I always bought from the remnants bin, or pre-cut packs. Anxiety and yardage ignorance kept me from approaching the cutting counter.

 
For the back I fussy cut the fabric to get the big doll right in the center. Then I used iron on transfer paper to place my shop name on her tummy. Hopefully it will hold up over time.

This will be my last time using store bought binding.. well, I shouldn't say last. I do have a small stash of it I will probably use up sometime. I just don't like the look or feel of it, seems cheap, generic. Using a coordinating fabric and cutting my own is so much more appealing to me. I just have to learn to sew it on the right way. I have been just pinching the bias tape around the edge of my quilts and sewing down it, hoping to catch both sides with my stitches!! What a rookie!


No comments:

Post a Comment