Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Quilt for Issabella

One of my brother's best friends just had a baby girl, so I decided to make a quilt for her. I am a quilting novice, and I'm sure I made some mistakes, but it's cute & should last a very long time. Here's how I did it.

I ended up using only 2/3 of the roll of precut slices, 2 strips of each pattern. The matching FQ's I will save for another quilt. I pieced them together in the same order they were in the roll. This ended up being a good height, but much wider than I needed, so I cut about 1/3 off of the front piece. I then cut 2 equal sized strips from that piece to add to the back.
For the back of the quilt, I used a pretty white with white flowers that I found in the remenents bin. I pretty sure it was cotton, but it didn't say? Quilted with long vertical lines in various widths. I also embroidered her name and birthday onto the white fabric, and top stitched it to the front, bottom right corner of the quilt like a banner. I machine stitched the quilt binding around the edge, and threw it in the wash.


& here is the finished quilt, after it's first washing. =)
Embroidery.

Front.

Back.

No comments:

Post a Comment